Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Head to Toe Fashion - NYFW

Brought to you be resident One Step Retail Solutions Blogger, Amy Hanson

While it is almost impossible to keep up with all of the going-ons in NY over Fashion week, it is quite fun to see all of the wild images that popped up on our feed and hearing about some of the exciting trips retailers made out to the Big Apple. I would feel remiss if I didn't at least say something about Fashion Week, so here is it.

It was a bit all over the place but I love that even the wilder cuts had a level of class. Wild structure, fabrics and textures seem to be staying strong. Colors were slightly more muted and I spied less neon than the Spring line but the funky and envelope pushing continues.
(Is it me or are the hem lines starting to make their way back down below the knee? Please, I hope so).

Noted were head pieces, sunglasses (or sunnies as the youngins are calling them) and fun hair-dos (baseball caps don't count, eh hem). Who doesn't miss the pulled together look of the 40's and 50's and the fact that a "look" or "outfit" can be seen makes me happy. The occasional cape and shrug was fun to note and winter jackets seem to be taking a turn for the vintage/elegant feel.


I should wear this to the office and slow wave as I walk down the halls

Check out the Top-Knot, she looks like a Who and I kind of love it